See specific instructions for your covering below.
W: Frequent vacuuming and light brushing is recommended. Spot clean using foam only from a water-based cleaning agent, such as mild detergent. Apply foam with a soft brush in a circular movement. Pretest a small area before proceeding. Vacuum when dry. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.
S: Frequent vacuuming and light brushing is recommended. Spot clean using a mild, water-free solvent or dry cleaning product. Pretest before proceeding. Clean only in a well-ventilated room and avoid any product containing Carbon Tetrachloride or other toxic materials. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.
SW: Frequent vacuuming and light brushing is recommended. Spot clean with a mild solvent or a water-based upholstery-cleaning product; follow the instructions carefully and clean only in a well-ventilated room. Avoid any product containing Carbon Tetrachloride or other toxic materials. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.
X: Clean this fabric only by vacuuming or light brushing. Water-based foam cleaners or solvent-based cleaning agents of any kind may cause excessive shrinking, staining, or distortion of the surface, and therefore, should not be used.
- Do not expose the furniture to intense moisture, heat, or sunlight (direct sunlight often leads to fading of the fabric).
- Vacuum your furniture once a week to keep your furniture looking new. Pay special attention to the seat cushion, inside arms, and inside backs.
- Clean up spills without delay, using a blotting movement instead of a wiping stroke
- Your salesperson will tell you the cleaning code for the fabric you purchased. This code will help you determine which fabric cleaners you should use. However, due to the extensive variety of fibers used in making fabric today, we urge you to use a professional cleaning service whenever possible.
NOTE: Most domestic animals, such as cats and dogs, are very abrasive to upholstery fabrics and should not be allowed on your furniture. If your furniture indicates pet use, fabric manufacturers will not honor the fabric warranty.
- Note: Color and grain does vary from hide to hide as well as within a hide; therefore, an entire piece of leather will most likely not absorb dyes uniformly, so some color variation is standard. Additionally, branding marks and scars are the beauty marks of authentic leather and can be visible on leather furniture. They are not considered to be flaws by the industry (if leather is perfect, it may not be authentic leather).
- Do not expose your leather to intense sunlight or heat. ANILINE and NUBUCK leathers especially are sensitive to sunlight and may fade after prolonged exposure.
- Dust leather with a soft cloth or vacuum with a soft brush often. This keeps the leather clean and able to breath.
- Avoid the use of chemical soaps and polishes.
- For stubborn stains and spills, a cloth lightly dampened with warm water should be blotted on the stain to lift and remove it. If this does not work, a mild soap and water solution (dish washing liquid) should be mixed and then blotted to release the stain. Rinse by blotting with cloth dampened in clear water, then blot to dry with dry cloth. Allow to air dry naturally.
- Do NOT rub or scrub when cleaning as this can scratch or abrade the leather finish.
- Always spot test and allow to dry to see how leather responds before using overall to clean.
- Polish with dry, soft cloth after each cleaning.
- Do not use any cleaning products that are not recommended, as we do not know how they will affect the leather. It is our recommendation that only products recommended by our leather care specialist, Leather Master, be used.
- Note: The leather care specialist for Designmaster is Leather Master. Any questions or concerns regarding care and cleaning of Designmaster leather dining chairs needs to be referred to the Leather Master customer service at 1-800-241-6384.
- Regularly vacuum your Novasuede and brush it with a soft nylon lint brush.
To remove stains:
- Blot the stain to soak up any excess fluid
- Select the suitable cleaner from the chart below
- Wet a terry cloth towel or soft sponge with the cleaner and pat it onto the stain
- Wipe up the cleaner and the stain using a dry, clean cloth towel
- Repeat the patting and wiping as often as needed
- Do NOT rub the stained area – allow the cleaner to soak into the stain and then wipe it up
- After using a water and vinegar or soap cleaner, blot cold water on the area to remove any remaining soap or vinegar
If a ring develops around the stained area after you have cleaned it, re-wet the section with the cleaner used to clean the stain and gently brush the Novasuede as the fabric dries.
A. Cold to lukewarm water B. Mix one teaspoon mild soap to a pint of cold or warm water C. Pure white vinegar mixed 50/50 with water. Use vinegar full strength for persistent stains D. A petroleum distillate such as mineral spirits or naptha E. A dry cleaning solvent such as perchloroethylene, K2R®, or Blue Coral® “Dri Clean” Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Stains and Suggested Cleaners
- Coffee, Tea, Milk: A, B, C
- Juice, Soft Drinks: A, B, C
- Wine, Beer: A, B, C
- Mustard: B, C
- Ketchup, Chocolate: A, B
- Cooking Oil, Mayonnaise: A, B, C
- Crayon, Lipstick: D, E, B
- Urine: A, B, C
- Blood: A, B
- Body Oils: A, B, E
- Furniture Polish, Ink: B, E
- Grease, Shoe Polish, Motor Oil: D, E, B
For the cleaning table above, clean the stain using the first suggested cleaner. If the stain remains after the area has dried, use the next recommended cleaner. Follow this procedure until the stain is totally removed. Failure to follow this recommended method of cleaning could result in incomplete stain removal from the fabric.
Cleaning & Care Guidelines for Brisa. One of the best ways to keep Brisa looking great is to properly maintain the fabric by cleaning regularly to prevent excessive dirt from accumulating. Below is the general outline to help you keep Brisa looking its’ best. Following these guidelines will help extend the life of the fabric:
- Clean regularly with soap and water
- Wipe up spills as soon as they occur
- Lift most stains with an alcohol-based cleaner like Fantastik and Formula 409
- Clean/disinfect using a 5:1 water/bleach solution or a commonly used health care disinfectant (listed below)
- Thoroughly rinse all solution residue with water
- Air dry
Disinfectants Ascepticare TB + II, Birex, Cavicade, Clorox Disenfecting Wipes, Discide, LYSOL Disinfectant, Viraguard, and Virox Accel TB. When using these disinfectants, please follow instructions as directed on the label. We strongly recommend rinsing the surface with clean water in order to remove any residue. (This information is not a guarantee and does not relieve the user from the responsibility of the proper and safe use of the product and all cleaning agents. The use of certain agents can be harmful to the surface appearance and lifespan of the product if not used properly. Designmaster Furniture Inc., assumes no responsibility resulting form improper use of the cleaning agents. Recommended Ballpoint Pen Removal Instructions
- Wipe the stain off with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol as soon as possible
- Rinse with water
- Air dry
(While the foregoing instructions have proven to work in many cases, especially in which ink stains are addressed immediately, not all ink stains can be removed.) Please note:A variety of clothing and accessories may contain dyes that could transfer to lighter colors, depending upon the variations in temperature and humidity. Dye transfer is difficult to control, not always fully preventable, and may be irreversible. Designmaster Furniture Inc, assumes no responsibility and can not be held liable for dye transfer caused by external contaminants.
Cleaning & Care Guidelines for AL FRESCO®.
Cleaning For Specific Stains or Mildew
AL FRESCO® fabrics do not stain easily or mildew. However mildew may grow on foreign substances not readily removed from the fabric. If mildew or staining occurs please follow the instructions below.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 1 cup of bleach and 1/4 cup of mild soap per one gallon of water.
- Soak the entire trouble spot with the cleaning solution and scrub with a sponge or soft bristle brush until stain is removed. Apply more solution as necessary.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water and allow fabric to air dry.
- If the problem area is severe the amount of bleach in the solution may be increased as needed.
- Do not dry clean.Additional Cleaning Tips
- Protect other non AL FRESCO® fabrics from bleach exposure as they may fade or discolor when exposed.
- Always rinse thoroughly with water and allow fabric to completely air dry. Machine drying is not necessary.
- DO NOT STEAM, an iron may be used for wrinkles but do not exceed 100F and test an inconspicuous area before ironing entire piece.